One Month Baby Checkup
Today was Zoe's one month checkup. She's exactly 9 pounds, and 21 inches long. Go Zoe!
She's been much fussier lately in the evenings from around 4-9 p.m.; perhaps she misses Jack all day now that he's back at work. The doctor says it's normal and she'll grow out of it. Jack and I try to look on the bright side and remind ourselves that for every fussy evening Zoe has, somewhere there is a baby that is actually screaming their head off! We haven't hit the colic stage yet and I hope we never do.
In other news, my job has reversed its previous offer to allow me to bring Zoe to work with me after my maternity leave is up. After 5 months of counting on being able to take her back with me, I was given one week to "figure out child care and get back to us."
So I quit. I wanted to stay home with her anyway.
Here are some recent photos:

Jack is reading Parenting Magazine to Zoe. Now she will know "5 Ways to Stop Tantrums"!
Her little pudgy arms and legs crack me up. She is chewing on Daddy's hand.
She's been much fussier lately in the evenings from around 4-9 p.m.; perhaps she misses Jack all day now that he's back at work. The doctor says it's normal and she'll grow out of it. Jack and I try to look on the bright side and remind ourselves that for every fussy evening Zoe has, somewhere there is a baby that is actually screaming their head off! We haven't hit the colic stage yet and I hope we never do.
In other news, my job has reversed its previous offer to allow me to bring Zoe to work with me after my maternity leave is up. After 5 months of counting on being able to take her back with me, I was given one week to "figure out child care and get back to us."
So I quit. I wanted to stay home with her anyway.
Here are some recent photos:
Her little pudgy arms and legs crack me up. She is chewing on Daddy's hand.

Huzzah! I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and little Zoe and doing what *you* believe is right for *your* family. Way to go, Mum!
ReplyDelete