Wait over; Birth Imminent
Katheryn and I were certain she would go until her due date, but it looks like BGB has decided to make her entrance at 38 weeks. This, after we talked about having her induced at 38 weeks when she was suffering so much pain due to the kidney stones. Having recovered from that episode, we decided early inducement would not be necessary, but it looks like the little karate champ has other plans.
I won't go into too much detail, as I don't have much time, but here's the time-line thus far. Katheryn's water broke sometime Saturday morning August 22nd (her birthday). She started noticing a trickle around noon. We called the doctor Saturday afternoon, inquiring as to what we should do. She was experiencing no contractions at all. The doctor suggested we go the hospital on Sunday morning. The thinking at the time was that the contractions might start on their own. They did not.
We arrived at the hospital around 7:30am Sunday morning as planned. The nurses confirmed that her water did indeed break and she was admitted; still no contractions in sight.
Shortly after she was admitted, the doctors began inducing labor; administering petocin, a sinthetic form of Oxytocin. So far, it's been a very slow process. Unfortunately, trying to get a body to do something it wasn't quite ready to do can make for a longer labor than normal. After 12 hours, Katheryn is dilated to 6 cm, meaning we still have a ways to go.
I predict, however, that August 24th will be the day we meet BGB for the first time... now if we can just figure out what to name her.

Congrats! I hope things keep going smoothly and BGB arrives quickly!
ReplyDelete(P.S. I've never seen a lovelier hospital patient!)