Nursery Photos

Today I went upstairs and tidied up the nursery so that I could take pictures and show you our hard work! Too bad I can't tidy up the nursery the way Mary Poppins tidies up the nursery. It would be a lot easier on my back!

Here's the sweet ladybug nightlight:


Light switch plate:


Crib with bookshelf. The two boppys are currently inside one of our bouncy swings there on the floor because the cats want to get inside them. Eventually the bouncy swings AND the boppys will have new homes in the house.


Pretty dresser/changing table. Clothes hamper on the left; diaper bag on the right. Irresistible-to-cats changing pad on the top. We figured we can't use the comforter for a while, so we made it into wall art. Unseen to the left of the hamper? Two bags packed and ready for the hospital. One with my clothes and toiletries; one with baby clothes, baby book (for fingerprints!), and reading material.
This picture easily shows the very slight yellow color we painted the room. I like it very much. It's not obvious enough for you to notice it when you walk in, but it definitely looks warmer and cleaner in there since we painted.


Inside the right side cabinet of the dresser. We've got booties, bibs, socks, hats, and burping cloths as far as the eye can see!


Decor on the north wall over the futon: we found these Four Seasons canvas wall hangings at Pier One. I thought they were calming, and we hung them where I can see them from my glider.


Close up of one of the wall hangings.


The window treatments and glider. I found some black ribbon and use it to pull back the red light-block curtains. Over the back of the chair is my favorite crocheted afghan my aunt has made me. It was my security blanket when I was ill with the kidney stones.


We like how it turned out, but we'll like it a lot better when it's being used the way it was meant to be.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts