Nothing Left But The Waiting
Two days until we're at 38 weeks. We've had weekly visits with the ob/gyn for some time now, given the Great Kidney Stone Crisis of 2009, but thankfully now we only have to talk about the baby. Typically, I get measured and weighed, the doc checks to make sure she's still head down; occasionally we have a test done (latest was for Group B Strep which is tested at 36 weeks - everything came back fine).
Everything looks good - she's in the right place, my weight gain is perfect, the size of my abdomen is fine...nothing left but the waiting. The doctor said today that she felt that we would probably go all the way to the due date, and I feel that we probably will too. BGB has been very busy in there for the past 8 months, and there's no reason to believe that she's ready to move on to other, outside-the-womb projects yet. So we'll just have to sit tight and wait.
Of course that doesn't mean that with every twinge and pain I don't think to myself, "is this it?", but I'm trying to be logical about it. I think we're in for the long haul. And that's okay - that's what my body is built to do. I'm uncomfortable, but I know the longer she's in there, the readier she'll be when she comes out.
Of course, if she should change her mind and decide to visit us earlier...well, we won't argue!
Everything looks good - she's in the right place, my weight gain is perfect, the size of my abdomen is fine...nothing left but the waiting. The doctor said today that she felt that we would probably go all the way to the due date, and I feel that we probably will too. BGB has been very busy in there for the past 8 months, and there's no reason to believe that she's ready to move on to other, outside-the-womb projects yet. So we'll just have to sit tight and wait.
Of course that doesn't mean that with every twinge and pain I don't think to myself, "is this it?", but I'm trying to be logical about it. I think we're in for the long haul. And that's okay - that's what my body is built to do. I'm uncomfortable, but I know the longer she's in there, the readier she'll be when she comes out.
Of course, if she should change her mind and decide to visit us earlier...well, we won't argue!

Patience, Mum! Your arms do just ache to cuddle her, don't they?
ReplyDelete