It's Getting Better All The Time



It's getting better all the time

Better Better Better

It's getting better all the time

Better Better Better
Getting so much better all the time





As we predicted, Katheryn was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday morning, and is now recovering at home. She's using the pain medication less and less, getting some sleep, and is able to move around a bit more. She still has some residual pain from the stone passing, but she appears to be well on her way to a full recovery.

We had a follow-up appointment with our doctor this morning (Wednesday). They took some more blood for some tests, and everything looks fine. Her potassium is a little low, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with diet. Her doctor has "prescribed" a banana and orange juice every day.

There is still the lingering issue of fluid retention. Katheryn has lost about 10 pounds of the fluid she retained during her stay. The doctor says this will work itself out naturally over the next few days, but did suggest that diuretic foods like citrus and melon, walking, foot elevation when resting, and some time in a swimming pool would help.

We did not make it back to the hospital Tuesday evening for our class and tour of the birthing center... we've had enough of that place for now. We'll just schedule a tour for another time.

On another positive note, Katheryn and I have a baby shower on Saturday, which should be fun. Last I heard there were loads of people coming. That should be good for Kat since I've been the only familiar face she's seen for the last few days.

While Katheryn was in the hospital, I went out and purchased the glider and ottoman she had been eyeing at a local furniture store. (Partly for the shower, and partly as a homecoming gift). I had hoped to have the chair in the nursery when she got home, but sadly it wasn't in stock, so we should get it in a couple weeks.

Comments

  1. It is a lovely chair - a lovely thought - and I will happily wait the weeks it takes to get here. You are a wonderful partner and husband. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts