Health Updates
After not hearing from the doctor in a couple of weeks, I called them and asked to know my Big Fat Scary Gestational Diabetes Tolerance test results. The final word is that I DO NOT HAVE GESTATIONAL DIABETES and there is nothing wrong with my thyroid. (I am still anemic, however, and still taking iron three times a day, but I can live with that.) Typically, my doctor's office does not call unless something is wrong, but I was surprised that after a test of this magnitude that they did not call one way or the other. No matter - now we know.
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and sent warm wishes and happy thoughts, including my dad's entire church. It was a very scary thing, but I am thankful for the reminder of how lucky I am. I am the luckiest gal in the world - for so many reasons!
Let's see, how are we coming along as far as pregnancy symptoms? Well, let's just say I am very aware that we've hit the third trimester. I'm really glad I went to Texas when I did, as I don't think that I could/would want to deal with the traveling now - only two weeks later. For one thing, my feet and hands are pretty much constantly swollen. I'm down to two pairs of shoes I can fit into. Then several days ago I realized that not only were my hands like little Jimmy Dean sausage links, they HURT. My hands ache all day, especially my fingers. Gripping the steering wheel, for example, is a chore. I was a little concerned but after researching it, apparently carpel tunnel syndrome is to blame, very common during the third trimester, and usually goes away immediately after delivery. Who knew?
It's obvious when BGB has a growth spurt - suddenly it takes about twice as long to do anything for a week and I'm sooooooo sleeeeeeeppy...and 7 days later - POW - I look like I've swallowed an even bigger beach ball. Jack and I had a good laugh the other night at seeing how far my belly could peek around a corner before you could see anything else.
I've also developed pregnancy rhinitis - another common symptom for the third trimester. It's like having a severe cold except I don't feel ill. I can't breathe through my nose most of the day and night, and I sneeze, cough, and get nosebleeds. Hooray! I bought a cold steam humidifier yesterday so hopefully that will help, and I'm also going to try nasal irrigation with a neti pot. Doesn't that just SOUND fun? Nasal irrigation! Neti pot! Two terms you never thought you'd want to use! (Too bad "irrigation" sounds so similar to "irritation".)
Oh, and if you REALLY want to have some fun, google "neti pot" and hit images. Tons of people with pots in their noses!

(After reading the neti pot instructions)
Jack: "I would NEVER do that!"
Me: "You do NOT know how bad the inside of my nose hurts!"
I will do anything at this point! Pregnancy is fun and hilarious!
I do still love it, despite the uncomfortable developments of the last few weeks. It really has been a wonderful time.
I still try to take a 20-30 minute walk at least 5 days a week (Jack usually walks me in the evenings after the sun goes down); and even though I lumber along the sidewalk like a slow-motion Godzilla on a murderous rampage I know that it's still best to keep my body moving as well as I can. Plus it puts BGB to sleep!
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me and sent warm wishes and happy thoughts, including my dad's entire church. It was a very scary thing, but I am thankful for the reminder of how lucky I am. I am the luckiest gal in the world - for so many reasons!
Let's see, how are we coming along as far as pregnancy symptoms? Well, let's just say I am very aware that we've hit the third trimester. I'm really glad I went to Texas when I did, as I don't think that I could/would want to deal with the traveling now - only two weeks later. For one thing, my feet and hands are pretty much constantly swollen. I'm down to two pairs of shoes I can fit into. Then several days ago I realized that not only were my hands like little Jimmy Dean sausage links, they HURT. My hands ache all day, especially my fingers. Gripping the steering wheel, for example, is a chore. I was a little concerned but after researching it, apparently carpel tunnel syndrome is to blame, very common during the third trimester, and usually goes away immediately after delivery. Who knew?
It's obvious when BGB has a growth spurt - suddenly it takes about twice as long to do anything for a week and I'm sooooooo sleeeeeeeppy...and 7 days later - POW - I look like I've swallowed an even bigger beach ball. Jack and I had a good laugh the other night at seeing how far my belly could peek around a corner before you could see anything else.
I've also developed pregnancy rhinitis - another common symptom for the third trimester. It's like having a severe cold except I don't feel ill. I can't breathe through my nose most of the day and night, and I sneeze, cough, and get nosebleeds. Hooray! I bought a cold steam humidifier yesterday so hopefully that will help, and I'm also going to try nasal irrigation with a neti pot. Doesn't that just SOUND fun? Nasal irrigation! Neti pot! Two terms you never thought you'd want to use! (Too bad "irrigation" sounds so similar to "irritation".)
Oh, and if you REALLY want to have some fun, google "neti pot" and hit images. Tons of people with pots in their noses!
(After reading the neti pot instructions)
Jack: "I would NEVER do that!"
Me: "You do NOT know how bad the inside of my nose hurts!"
I will do anything at this point! Pregnancy is fun and hilarious!
I do still love it, despite the uncomfortable developments of the last few weeks. It really has been a wonderful time.
I still try to take a 20-30 minute walk at least 5 days a week (Jack usually walks me in the evenings after the sun goes down); and even though I lumber along the sidewalk like a slow-motion Godzilla on a murderous rampage I know that it's still best to keep my body moving as well as I can. Plus it puts BGB to sleep!

Comments
Post a Comment