I Are A Graduate

Big goopy hugs and kisses to my mother in law and my mother for coming out to share this day with us. We love you!

Blogger's not the easiest website to figure out in my opinion; for one thing, I can't seem to upload the pictures in the order I want them. It posts them in backwards order. So here are some graduation photos, but in random order:

Two co-MFAers Andy Rice and Steve Wojtas. I spent nearly 24 hours of every day of the last three years with them and 7 other students. The professorial staff continually commented this year that it was remarkable that we not only hadn't killed each other, but that we seemed to actually like one another most of the time. I think we had a good group.
Andy is a giant and I am a midget, and this equals comedy.


Shirley, my intrepid mother in law! I think I am falling over. Grace and agility, I am not.


Linda, my tolerant mom! I am trying out my I'm-A-Serious-Graduate Look.


Susan Sweeney, my voice teacher and mentor for the last three years. I have alternately been annoyed, frustrated, inspired and galvanized by her. She is the best teacher I have ever had. That doesn't mean it was ever easy.


Jesse Michael Mothershed, Leia Espericueta, and Olivia Dawson. And me. Our expressions pretty much sum up our relationships. Thank goodness for silliness in the grad office or we may have all run away screaming by the second semester.


This is me trying to give Baby Girl Bilbo her photo op. Instead I wind up looking a bit like one of those enormous Sid and Marty Krofft characters. Except not green.

See the resemblance? Oh well.

Or maybe this character. I could do this all day, folks!


No explanation necessary! Isn't he sweet? I couldn't have done this without him. I love you, Jack.

Comments

Popular Posts