Eggplant Updates




25 weeks/6.5 months

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a belly update – almost two months – and it’s done some significant growing in that time. Baby Girl Bilbo is now the size of an eggplant – about 1.5-2.3 pounds, and 13.5 -15 inches long. There’s usually no wondering on strangers’ parts if I’m pregnant or just chubby at this point. When I stand sideways my belly looks a little pointy, and from my perspective, the right side is sticking up slightly higher than the left. Jack has remarked that I must have the world’s deepest innie belly button, since it has not “popped” yet; and, in fact, has a ways to go.

Here's a pretty good picture of the belly. This is my friend Shannon on the left.


Baby Girl Bilbo is pretty active, and likes to keep Mommy awake just as she’s falling asleep at night. Daddy has finally been able to feel the kicking, and enjoys holding a hand to her solo soccer games. I am starting to discern the difference between stretches and rolls and bounces now, too.

Interestingly, we just found out that our next-door neighbor is also pregnant, and due 2.5 weeks after me.

Some other updates:

*Our last doctor visit was the 20th of this month. According to her, everything was perfect – my weight gain this month (2 pounds), fundal height (24 cm), baby’s heartbeat (150 beats per minute). Everything right on schedule. Due to concerns about my 2001 LEEP procedure resulting in an incompetent cervix, she took a look and stated that Ms. Cervix is also doing just fine, and tightly closed. This was a concern of mine, as well, so I am glad she checked.

*After much soul searching, Jack and I have decided not to move into the little house on the north side of town in June. We decided to save that money rather than spend it on a higher rent, and we didn’t want to get locked into another year’s lease in case a job opportunity came up sooner. We are anxious to move closer to family, so we are hoping that this decision will lead us closer to that result.

*I’m in full swing at my new job at the church, and while it is challenging, I find it very pleasing (and even relaxing – compared to grad school!)

*Jack and I have signed up for birthing classes at Meriter Hospital – Tuesday evenings from 7/7 to 8/11. We are looking forward to this time together to learn more about birth, care, and breastfeeding, and also to get a chance to ask every question we’ve ever had about everything baby-related. I can ask a lot of questions, so here’s hoping the instructor is ready for me!

Comments

Popular Posts