Somebody Save Me From The Stupids!
I thought by the end of the first trimester that The Stupids were a thing of the past. But several weeks ago, they came back, and this time they're even worse! I forget conversations, phone calls, appointments, WORDS... Were it not for my datebook I might never get anything done.
This evening Jack came home and found my cell phone in the cupboard next to the peanut butter. Don't ask, because I have no idea.
Then about an hour later we had this conversation:
Me: Did you throw out the rest of the spaghetti leftovers?
Jack: No, I ate it.
Me: ...oh. Oh, yeah.
Jack: I ate that about a week ago.
Me: Oh, that's right.
Jack: In fact, you sat and ate it with me.
Me: ...
Jack: (laughing)
Me: I think my brain has actually melted.
Jack: You still have several months to go; try to save something up there for later!
This evening Jack came home and found my cell phone in the cupboard next to the peanut butter. Don't ask, because I have no idea.
Then about an hour later we had this conversation:
Me: Did you throw out the rest of the spaghetti leftovers?
Jack: No, I ate it.
Me: ...oh. Oh, yeah.
Jack: I ate that about a week ago.
Me: Oh, that's right.
Jack: In fact, you sat and ate it with me.
Me: ...
Jack: (laughing)
Me: I think my brain has actually melted.
Jack: You still have several months to go; try to save something up there for later!

Comments
Post a Comment